It’s said that a picture tells a thousand words. If that’s the case, then a Google ads Display is worth a thousand Search ads. What’s rarely considered, however, is the shape of the picture – your advertising canvas.
Google Display Ads are an effective way to reach potential customers across the web. They allow businesses to promote their products and services on two million websites and apps, reaching an estimated 90% of internet users worldwide. That’s a trillion impressions every month!
But, to maximize the benefits of these ads, businesses must choose the right ad size for their needs. It can be a challenging task, as Google offers a range of ad sizes to choose from.
This article will provide a complete guide to the best Google Ad sizes for your business. We will cover everything from why ad size matters to the most popular and effective ad sizes available. This guide will help businesses optimize their Google Ad campaigns and boost their online presence.
Do Google Ad Sizes Matter?
Google Ads’ banner size plays a critical role in the success of your advertising campaigns. The ad size determines what the user sees, how they engage with it, and how many impressions, clicks, and conversions your ad receives. Therefore, choosing the right ad size is essential to ensure that it’s visible, engaging, and effective.
Google provides a wide range of ad sizes, including banners, rectangles, leaderboards, and skyscrapers. Each size is unique and has different specifications, so it’s important to choose the size that fits your ad’s purpose and where you plan to display it.
Best Performing Google Ads Sizes
Numerous ad sizes are available, but not all are created equal. The best-performing Google ad sizes are the most frequently used by advertisers and produce the most clicks and conversions. Here are five ad sizes that consistently perform well:
- Medium Rectangle (300 x 250): This ad size is one of the most popular and effective formats. It is versatile, and you can place it anywhere on the page, making it a great option for most types of content. It is ideal for displaying product information as well as driving traffic to your landing pages.
- Large Rectangle (336 x 280): This Google ad size offers a larger space for content, and you can place it in prominent locations on a webpage. It works well for showcasing images, videos, and product information. It is also an effective format for targeting high-end devices, such as desktop computers and laptops.
- Leaderboard (728 x 90): This ad size is a banner format typically placed at the top of a page. It is best used for driving brand awareness and can also be used to display offers or promotions. It works well on high-traffic pages, capturing visitors’ attention as soon as they land on the site.
- Half Page (300 x 600): This ad size is a vertical banner format and is one of the Google ad banner sizes that offer a large amount of space for content. It is ideal for displaying product information and driving traffic to your landing pages. It is especially effective for mobile devices, which take up most of the screen.
- Large Mobile (320 x 100): This ad size is specifically designed for mobile devices, making it perfect for mobile campaigns. It is a banner format typically placed at the top or bottom of the screen. It is ideal for driving brand awareness and can also be used to display promotions or offers.
Which Google Display Ad Size is Right for You?
Choosing the right Google display ad size is crucial to the success of your advertising campaign. There are many factors to consider when selecting an ad size, including where it will show, the creatives used, the quantity of information, the purpose of the ad, and more. Here are some things to keep in mind when selecting a display ad size:
- Where will it show? Consider the placement of your ad and the available space on the webpage. For example, a smaller ad size may be more appropriate if your ad is displayed on a sidebar.
- Creatives used. Think about the type of content you will use in your Google ads, such as images, videos, or text. Some ad sizes suit better for certain types of creatives.
- Quantity of information. Consider how much information you want to convey in your ad. A larger ad size may be better to ensure all of your content is visible if you have a lot of information.
- Purpose of the ad. What is the goal of your ad? Is it to drive brand awareness, generate leads, or drive sales? Different ad sizes may be more effective depending on the purpose of the ad.
Keeping these factors in mind can narrow down your options and help you select the best Google display ad sizes for your advertising campaign. It is also recommended to conduct A/B testing to identify the ad size with the best engagement and clickability.
Let Us Guide Your Google Ads Campaign
Google Display Ads provide a great way to get your business in front of potential customers. Selecting the right ad size can maximize your chances of success. We hope this guide has given you a good overview of the best Google Ad sizes for your campaigns.
As a professional and experienced PPC agency, Clicta Digital can help you manage your PPC campaigns and ensure you make the most of your advertising budget. We understand that choosing the right ad size and format can be challenging. That’s why we’re here to help.
If you are interested in scheduling a consultation to discuss your PPC campaigns, please get in touch with us today. We can help you create ads that are targeted, effective, and engaging so that you can drive more traffic to your website and increase conversions.