Have you created a Google My Business (GMB) listing but are not sure how to use Google My Business to boost growth? It’s not enough to be knowledgeable in your trade to be a successful business owner, especially in the digital age where information is available in seconds.
The modern business owner must be flexible and adapt to current marketing strategies to stay ahead of their competition. This includes using tools like Google My Business to boost website growth. So how can you use Google My Business to boost your traffic and lead customers straight to you?
How to Use Google My Business (GMB)
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business (GMB) is a free platform for businesses and organizations to control and manage their online presence on Google. This includes how they appear on Google Search, Local Finder, and Maps. As a local business, one of the first steps you should take to building your online presence is to claim your free Google listing. This helps potential customers quickly find accurate information about your business, including hours of operation, location, and contact information.
Google My Business Features
There are a number of features that Google My Business offers to help business owners, including:
- Insights: The Google My Business dashboard allows users to look into customer activity to determine what is and isn’t working on their listing. This helps business owners understand their community better by answering questions such as where your searchers are from and how your photos are performing.
- Bookings: Nowadays, convenience is a priority for consumers. If it takes too long for a user to find what they are looking for, they will move on. GMB allows business owners the option let customers book directly from their listing with a simple click. The booking system is integrated with GMB, keeping everything in one place.
- Review management: Consumers will turn to reviews to help them make a decision before purchasing a new product or booking a new service. By engaging with online reviews, business owners can offer prospective customers deeper insight to their brand and services.
- Photos: They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and that is the case with online listings. Strong visuals can make for strong first impressions, which could be what drives a potential customer to your site.
- Accuracy across the web: Search engines scour through the internet every day to crawl and index content for search results. The thing is a search engine crawler might not necessarily know what information is outdated when it comes to your business. Using Google My Business ensures the accuracy of your information across the web. Whether your business will have an irregular schedule due to the holidays or the location is changing, using GMB can help ensure your information is accurate across the web.
How to Use GMB to Boost Local Rankings
Data shows that most users conducting searches do so with high local intent. That means that users are looking for a nearby business that has the product or service they are looking for. Optimizing your Google My Business page with the most up-to-date information and relevant keywords in the site description and file names will help boost growth by guiding your target audience to your site.
Google My Business Helps Your Business Show Up in Google Maps Searches
Reviews and product information is not all consumers are looking for. Sometimes, deciding factor consumers want to know how far away the business is from their location. A quick search on Google Maps is an easy way to get that answer. Google Maps uses a person’s location and populates a map with markers that show nearby businesses closest to their search query. Having a Google My Business listing can boost traffic by showcasing your business location’s proximity to a prospect.
Star Ratings on Google My Business Boost Your Appeal
Business owners should be encouraging reviews not only to improve their brand’s trust but to stand out on Google searches as well. When a consumer does a search for a product or services your business provides, it will most likely also retrieve search results that highlight your competitor. Star ratings show up in Google’s search results, which can boost traffic by standing out against a competitor who has fewer stars or no stars at all.
Google My Business Increases Engagement
Being able to leave reviews and book appointments might seem like a basic function, but it is also an opportunity to increase engagement. These features allow consumers to interact with your business by conveniently placing the options to do so right in the search engine result page.
Boost Traffic with Google My Business
Modern business owners should consider using Google My Business to increase their online presence. It is the all-in-one tool that can help increase consumer confidence through accurate information and actual reviews from past customers. But don’t just set it and forget it! Be sure to continue engaging with your customers and updating your information to boost your growth with Google My Business.
Need help optimizing your Google My Business (GMB)? Our digital agency experts know how to use Google My Business to boost your business growth. Call us today for a free digital consultation!